Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas is Coming!! and Pregnant Adventure #1

My Santa Girls


Well, it's almost that time of year again. I am surrounded with surprises I have to keep hidden for the next few weeks and the girls already super curious already. What on earth am I going to do when they start *looking* for gifts hidden around? Gah. On the upside, I am 99% done the shopping and we havent really gone too far overboard in terms of expenses and unintentional gift buying. I have a few people left and some packages to figure out how they are going to make it to their intended recipients but otherwise, I actually have this Christmas thing under control.



Which is good, since some other things have stumbled a bit. Before anyone panics, the baby is fine. FINE. I heard the heartbeat yesterday and it is a merry 155 bpm. Sure the nurse was a bit incompetent while looking for it, but hey, while she was looking close to my chest area for the heartbeat, at least I got some peace of mind that there really is only ONE baby in there. Yeah I am feeling a bit unsure about what happned exactly but I am confident now that I only have one baby swimming around now. Speculation can now run rampant about what on earth I was feeling before but speculation is all that it can remain.



On Friday, I was putting up lights. Yeah yeah, spare me the lecture, there are enough people chorusing around me to knowck me into next week should anything more stupid enter my hear. But it was a nice day. And the lights were so tempting. And the ladder was so little. And I only slipped a little. One step. OK maybe two but not more than that! And I didnt land on my belly or face down in the gutter , I just skinned my knee! But then people started asking me in puzzled bewilderment why my belly seemed like it was *shrinking*. I was literally getting smaller within about a day. And, um, the little flutters I was feeling werent really there anymore. But I only skinned my knee! I didnt fall down, I swear! I just skidded a bit off the step!



I got my ass hauled down to the ER and they checked me. I wasnt bleeding, I wasnt losing amniotic fluid, I had mild cramps that were (and will remain) round ligament pains. I did end up showing a UTI, which sucks, but otherwise, I am fine. And the baby is fine.



And the doctor said that as long as I took it easy, didnt get worse or shrink more, and didnt lift anything heavy (including :( Elena) he wouldnt put me on bedrest. Since then, with my smaller belly, I havent felt kicking other than where the doctor said my fundus should be and all the other movement and kicking I felt in other funny places has stopped. So. I am trying not to think about it because the idea of twins never really existed in the first place, but there it is.



Did I mention that the baby is fine? And I have been solidly reamed out by everyone and their dog so yes, I feel guilty about being stupid. But I honestly didnt think that I was in any danger. Or that what I was doing was anymore dangerous than, say, carrying a squirming 2 year old out to the minivan on the slippery driveway. I know, I know, knock it off.
That was my adventurous weekend. I'll stick to gift wrapping, I guess, from here on in.

16 weeks vs 12 weeks

What do you think? Noticeably smaller?

No comments: