Monday, January 15, 2007

Semester Ending

Time fles, whether or not you are having fun! I had just been musing about how the girls had gone back to the dayhome after the long winter break and hadnt picked up strange bugs from th other kids yet. And boom! Just like that I cursed myself. Elena woke up this morning to see Dwayne off to work and then just after he left she had the hugest messiest diaper ever. I brushed it off thinking that it was a one-time deal. I gave her breakfast (mistake #2) which she promptly threw up all over my carpet. Eww! I had just ironed my workshirt and was trying to decide if I wanted to strip first, clean up the mess or call in sick right in that moment and felt foolishly undecided. but it was late enough in the morning that I had to call in sick as soon as possible and deal with the mess. But I couldnt leave her close to the mess without chancing that she would walk through it and track it elsewhere so I cleaned up the big stuff, called in, stripped and then got out the carpet cleaner. Sigh. It isnt a good time to be away from school with only two more days of classes before final exams and all of my classes writing in-class portions today and tomorrow.

She seems to be better now and is holding down food but I cant be sure that she is entirely over her bug and so Dwayne has kindly offered to stay home with her tomorrow so I could go and do what I needed to before exams begin in earnest. So much to do and so little time!

In the same vein of bad timing (or perhaps comedic timing, as the case may be) Elena has also taken it into her head that she is done with diapers and despite raging diarrhea and an inability to make it quyite on time to the bathroom, she has begun refusing to wear anything other than big girl panties. 'Cause I have nothing better to do with my time than follow a sick toddler with a carpet cleaner. I should be happy she's growing up, but now? Like this? Gah.

So, another semester draws to a close. It was good, I had good classes and not as many challenges to my authority as I had when I began. The next term will be more challengin, not even slightly because I will be ginormously pregnant through it, but because I am beginning my Pre-AP English class and will be interested to see just how many of the 33 enrolled stick it out until grade 12 to actually end up writing the AP Lit exam. Next to the 10-1, 20-1 and ESL classes, I have much to be excited about as I round up the year. I cant guarantee that I will have time to write about it all but I can guarantee that I will be willing to share if asked :)

Pumpkin (aka OHB, the Whale) is thumping along at a good rate, keeping me up at nights already and making sleeping an interesting challenge. I am at 22 weeks and the girls are slwoly beginning to ask about the baby more and more often. Julia is always amused and amazed at the size of my belly and will pull up her own shirt to see that her tummy and belly button have not also magically exploded overnight.

And so it goes...

No comments: