Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Busy

Whew, time sure has a habit of flying by when there are so many kids in the house. And I mean SO many kids in the house. There was a lady at Julia's school who was desperate for afterschool care that I decided to baby sit her children on a temporary basis until she was able to find permanent afterschool care for them. Which would be fine. But there are 4 of them, so along with my brood, I have 7 (yeah SEVEN!) kids running around in my house every weekday. Some people think that I am crazy for thinking about having one more baby--four kids does seem like a lot, but imagine how much crazier I would be in the four I look after were mine? They are 8, 7, 6 and 6. Yes, at one point the poor woman would have had a two year old, a one year old and newborn twins. So I am content to have mine spaced as they are. The crazy is all relative, I think.

So, you'd think that with 7 kids, its a madhouse all the time? It's actually not soo bad. The kids entertain themselves relatively well. They play with the kids and they arent TOO insane. Well one is kind of but one out of 7 I can handle. They play rough, probably rougher than I'd like but hey, what do you expect?

For now, having them here staves off Elena's desire to go to school. We'll see how long it lasts.

No comments: