Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holidailies: Last Christmas



"Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special"


Last December was a watershed time. I was filled with angst and uncertainty. I was hurting myself and feeling adrift in hopeless confusion. I didnt blogvery much for a whole year trying to regain my footing and find my way. There was so much to learn, so many difficulties to overcome...

"...A crowded room
Friends with tired eyes
I'm hiding from you
And your soul of ice
My god I thought you were
Someone to rely on
Me?
I guess I was a shoulder to cry on"


2011 was a time of momentous decisions and facing challenges and being brave. We bought a house, packed up our life and said many goodbyes. There were some tears but there were so many more moments of hopeful anticipation. Even with the diagnosis, the steep learning curve, the challenges of the commutes, we found strength.

And now Christmas finds us here, in our dream home, decked with ribbons and bows, and, most of all, with peace in our hearts at last.

No comments: