Monday, November 21, 2005

Soul Food

Finding a Muse is never an easy quest. Writing sometimes feels like a chore, like a thing that I am tethered to simply because i sometimes get an itch in my fingers that can only be assuaged by plonking words down. But since it takes somewhat more discipline to think that plonking words-yes, as dully and methodically as that alliterative word sounds-makes me a writer any more than twirling and falling over makes me a prima ballerina, I hesitate to think of myself as a writer.

Sure, I love doing it; sure, I cant imagine giving it up, and sure, some days it does feel like I am dying a thousand thirsty deaths as I am dragged by my daily chores further away from the oasis of writing. But since I am also a realist and know that I am not destined to live in an ivory tower scribbling deep thoughts to the stars, I content myself with this, whatever this may be.

I stumbled across the Soul Food Cafe and have been wooed back into the romance that is a writer's life. I invite you on this journey that will never be complete.

No comments: