Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Holidailies: It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
With the kids jingle belling,
and everyone telling you,
"Be of good cheer,"

Yes, things are hectic. Yes, I have more things to do than I have time for. Yes, I had good intentions fo remaining uncluttered during the holidays this year. Yes, I still have time committments piled too high and stuff piled high around my tree. Despite the things that I couldnt do this year (like keep up with Holidailies:P), the things that I *could* overwhelimngly make this one of the most wonderful times of the year.

I love the songs, the sounds, the smells, the tastes of the season. One of my families made me an assortment of homemade goodies and I am in cookie heaven! My Julia's class in daycare put on a little Christmas concert and the memory of her singing "Away in a Manger" while rocking a baby doll tenderly will stick in my memory forever--even when she hucked the baby doll across the room and announced that she was done singing. We baked cookie reindeer in my playschool classes and enjoyed fellowship with the parents and the smiles and shrieks of laughter with the kids.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year.
There'll be much mistletoeing
and hearts will be glowing,
when loved ones are near.
It's the most wonderful time of the year."

No comments: