Friday, January 06, 2006

Journey On

Well, as Holidailies is wrapping up for another year, I am feeling the excitement of the coming year. It is a journey that is just beginning to open up, like the tender petals of a blossom. It feels like I blinked yesterday and between the gasp of breath the new year took as the clock struck twelve to the seconds that flew between hitting send and getting a reply from the school, somehow I have set the year on a crash course journey. I am spiralling a bit out of control as I set out to get it all done in record time.

I have never shied away from change and things often happen quickly once things are set into motion but this takes the cake. If everything falls into place, there will be about 2 weeks to pick up the kids, pack and move to a new city. 2 weeks? My head is about to explode. And yet, I am happy. Excited. Thrilled even. Even though I was so vehenmently opposed to living so close to the in-laws, I am looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead.

It will undoubtably be a long road and a hard one at that. I dont expect to be able to waltz in and have the students eating out of my hand or that I will know how to cope with an ounce of the trouble they will throw my way. Nevertheless, I am eagerly anticipating starting this next step in the journey I set out on so long ago. I am feeling confident (and nervous beyond belief) as I get myself ready for the interview on Thursday.

And so as I draw this not so thrilling entry out for my last portal of Holidailies, I am setting myself up for a year of opporunities and anticipation. This holding pattern I am in is about to kill me.

No comments: