Friday, November 30, 2007

November-Elena


Elena has been doing so well in preschool I cant believe we ever considered letting he ride out the year at home. She sings songs, plays pretend, relates stories and games, draws pictures, and is having a wonderful time learning all of that important three year old socialization stuff.


She is, of course, still headstrong and opinionated. She will not hesitate to tell you that "you were wrong, I was right" and if she is disciplined for something she thinks isnt her fault, she will fight you to the end "No, I'm not going to say sorry, I'll sit on the stairs forever and ever and ever." She is quick, though, to own up to things she has done "Yup, I did it. Sorry mom. Its OK, it was an accident." And, though its hard to live with in the moment, in hindsight her propensity to be so matter of fact in the midst of a meltdown is nothing short of remarkable. "I'm crying. I will say sorry after I'm done crying." Like, duh, woman.

She has cut out 90% of her naps but somedays, especially ones that are physically draining, we will come home and she will have fallen asleep in the van or, more rarely, like this, in the middle of a meltdown:


No comments: