Friday, December 10, 2010

Holidailies: Baby, it's cold outside

"I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside..."

Now that I have made a decision, working towards it is fraught with new issues and yet, somehow, I feel so much more relaxed. I suppose that humans are always more stressed in times of uncertainty--the world, perhaps, on this cusp of new is climbing out of the hole it has found itself within and is only now starting to find its footing.

"...I've got to go home..."

I wont say that coming up here was a mistake, because it wasnt. It was a path that was necessary to where we are now--when we first came up our goals were simple: get experience in our career paths, build equity in our home and set ourselves in a positive financial picture. I am grateful for everything that coming here has afforded us. The lack of support, the difficult work environment, the cramping quarters of our home have shown us that it is time for new plans and now that I am starting to formulate what those plans will look like it is daunting but not impossible.

"...But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me
There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Making my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that old out
Ahh, but it's cold outside

Baby it's cold outside"

I think that part of what I need to reconcile in my head is that the long run is going to be worth the short term difficulties. It is worth it to create some moments of anxiety because we need to make this happen sooner rather than later.

So I have a list of home renovations that should be done before we put the house on the market, there are decisions that I have been putting off about our material possesions that need to be finalized and we need to agree on a general timeline (which I think D has already tentaively settled on) to make this happen.

It is time to pinch the pennies and as I look to 2011, it may be cold outside but I think I am ready to face it.

No comments: